On the Silver Screen

Twice in the past few days I have come across the question who would play you in the movie of your life?

It was first part of the 5QF and from a daily devotional that was amazing and basically said the same thing but on a Biblical level. I will try to post it. So, if you know how I think that well nothing is by accident in this world.
I want to give credit where it is due!

""""""THE MOVIE OF YOUR LIFE
This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence
whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
---1 John 3:19-20 NIV
One of my dearest friends in this world, author and speaker Ney Bailey, once said to me, "Imagine that a movie was made of your life. Nothing was left out. Everything that you have ever thought or said or done was displayed on the big screen for anyone to see. How would you feel?"
My initial response was that I would be ashamed. It is one thing to take refuge in the absence of what I might consider to be "huge" sins, but to have all my secret thoughts and feelings revealed would be terrifying. The truth is that we all hide part of who we can be when left to our own humanity. Then Ney said, "God has seen your movie, and he loves you anyway." Let's stop for a moment and let that sink deep into our hearts and souls.
The God of the universe, the one who holds the stars and the moon in place, knows everything about us and loves us with unprecedented abandon. He knows the good, the bad, and the ugly. He knows the things we are proud of and the things we hide. He knows it all, and he invites us to come just as we are and live the dream he has for each of us.
----SHEILA WALSH (God Has a Dream for Your Life) """""


That has made me say WHOA, it just shows how great our God is! That the way my life would have looked on the silver screen until I was saved by his grace is huge in comparison.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments


}